Congratulations to the small business owner this week! President Obama officially recognizes May 23-29 as National Small Business Week. Why? Are small businesses really that important? You bet we are! We impact the United States economy more than you realize. Here are some stunning statistics about small businesses and to celebrate the budding entrepreneur!
1. It is estimated that there are 29.6 million small businesses in the United States.
2. Small businesses hire 40% of tech workers, e.g. engineers and computer workers.
3. 52% of small businesses are home-based businesses.
4. Small business owners hire over half of the country’s private sector workforce.
5. Small businesses represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
For more information and in-depth statistics, visit the SCORE website.
Photo: Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos